Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunday was a lovely day


First order pf business today was buying a camera. This is the first picture taken with my new camera while we were still in the store.






Once the camera was taken care of we were off to the Salamanca Market. It is a big Farmers Market that they have every Saturday in the Salamanca District. I think all of Tasmania must congregate there. I found out how small Tasmania really is while at the market because everytime we turned a corner there was someone Sue knew. I am sure you are thinking that I have lost track of the days. I haven’t. The Salamanca Market was changed from Saturday to Sunday this week in observance of ANZAC day.







Our last stop of the day was Glen Huon. This is the town where Sue grew up and her mum and many of her family still live. We were there to attend her nieces’ pre-wedding party or what we would call a wedding shower complete with games, presents and lots of food.






After the party, Sue and I settled in at mum's for the night. It was a quiet but lovely day. Yes, lovely will be my new word when I return home.

3 comments: