Monday, April 27, 2009

Somewhere Over The Rainbow



Bright and early Monday morning, we left mum's and headed out on our next adventure. We were off to see the rain forest. The brush was so thick that I am pretty sure if Polly and I went hiking there we would never be heard from again. It was lovely









The most amazing part of the day was the weather. It rained and rained and rained, unless we got out of the car, then it would suddenly stop. The minute you got back in the car, it would start again. In the car rain, out of the car no rain. It was almost a candid camera type of thing. You knew someone was watching to see how you reacted. Sue said her dad was watching over us and turning the sprinkler off and on. At first I thought maybe mom was helping him, but she would have turned the sprinkler on while we were out of the car just to keep us on our toes. Regardless of who was in charge of the weather, it was lovely.






Last stop of the day, Hastings Caves. Apparently the rest of the world wasn’t having as good of luck with the weather as we were. The place was practically deserted and we were the only two on the tour. It was kind of spooky. The tour guide told us to walk down to the bottom while he went and shut the door. We were left all alone and for a brief moment we were concerned that we would never see the light of day again. He returned a few minutes later and we felt a little better . We were almost relaxed when suddenly I could feel a fourth person behind us. About the same time all of the lights were turned off and the feeling of doom returned.








Eventually we relaxed and were able to enjoy the tour. Since it was only the two of us, the tour guide was able to spend more time explaining the cave which thrilled him. He was very passionate about caving and with only the two of us on the tour he had more time to explore the cave. It was like he was seeing it for the first time, which made you wonder if he was really a tour guide, which gave you that creepy feeling again.... Every once in a while we would ask a question just to remind him we were there. He really was very informative. It is such a shame that neither of us remember a word he said.






Have you ever seen the end of a rainbow? I did today and it was lovely. Unfortunately, someone beat me to the pot of gold.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, but think he went home and told his family that He gave the best tour ever. They hung on to my every word. Continue to make memories. We once were at the end of the rainbow in NM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like the hat! And I think I shall call you Mum :)

    ReplyDelete